The usage of medical marijuana is legal in Arizona, and the process of procuring the medical marijuana card is not tedious but, you have got to follow a few simple standard steps. Users must remember that recreational marijuana remains illegal in Arizona to date, so one must have valid reasons to use medical marijuana.
Let us dig deeper to understand how one can get an Arizona medical card.
- People experiencing some chronic medical conditions are only eligible for a medical marijuana card. The list of medical conditions includes ALS, seizures, hepatitis C, cancer, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, and more. A licensed medical practitioner will evaluate your condition, and only with their recommendation and approval can you apply for the card. If need be, you can see a marijuana doctor or evaluator approved by the state.
- You must have all the necessary documents handy such as your photo ID, any document equivalent to your driver’s license, and a recommendation form from your physician.
- The next step will require you to feed relevant data in the application form. You can get the application form from the official website of the Arizona Department of Health Services. Online registration is very convenient and the only way to apply for the card at this moment.
- The information that you put in the application form must be correct. Filling out the form might appear a little daunting because you must concentrate while filling it out. You can ask your medical marijuana doctor to fill it out for you. But, in that case, you have to pay them some extra amount.
- After submitting your form and all the relevant documents, you will have to pay $150 to AZDHS. But if you are registered in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, then it is good news for you because you have to pay a nominal amount of $75.
- Now the waiting starts. You have done everything that you could. Now you have to wait for the state to review your form. You can expect to receive your card within ten business days. Are you worried about privacy? Don’t be; nobody will know because the card generally arrives in a white envelope with no obvious text on it. Once the card is ready and you have it in your hand, you can go on a marijuana shopping haul. You will get access to the legal marijuana dispensaries that have only premium quality weed.
Other points to remember
It is important to note that, as a medical marijuana cardholder, you cannot have more than 2.5 ounces of marijuana on you. You can grow cannabis at home, but there should not be any marijuana dispensary within 25 miles radius of your house.
It is illegal to drive while under the influence of cannabis. If you do it, you might end up getting arrested even if you are a marijuana cardholder. Smoking marijuana in public is considered a criminal offense under Federal laws.